Friday, November 7, 2008

Jacob

It seems like all the crazy stuff happens to my kids!

A few days ago I noticed a weird growth in Jacob's throat - it looks like he has 2 uvulas. I took him in last night. The PA we met with didn't know for sure what it was - thought maybe it was extra tonsil tissue. How that happens I have no idea. We agreed it must be new-ish, he has seen enough docs since being born you'd think someone would have noticed that. My regular doc was consulted and although she didn't see him (she was delivering a baby) the PA talked to her and she thinks that it could be the extra tissue or a double uvula, which is weird.

Anyway, they still don't know what it is. It seems to me that it bothers him b/c he is constantly shoving his fingers down his throat.

So, we have made an appointment with an ENT on November 26th, hopefully we'll get some answers. I'm hoping he doesn't need surgery to remove the tissue, but I don't want it bothering him or affecting his breathing or swallowing either.

No comments: