Monday, March 1, 2010

Memory Lane

I get super sappy this time of the year, for the past few years. It's going to be years before everything we went through with Jacob and Boden has healed enough to not be a sappy mess.

I'm not normally sappy. I like to say I have a stone cold heart. I don't watch chick flicks. I don't cry at Pampers commercials.

But, when it comes to these memories I am mush. Straight up mush.

January 29, 2007 - we found out we were having twins.
March 12, 2007 - we found out that they were boys, identical, and sick.

So, those 6 weeks in between were our 6 weeks of happy bliss. The only 6 weeks of my pregnancy that we could fully enjoy the fact that we were going to be blessed with twins, without the incredible heartache, paranoia, and constant worrying that came with their TTTS diagnosis. Of course, during those 6 weeks I was sicker than sick, but, we enjoyed it nonetheless. It was 6 weeks of telling friends and family, "We're having TWINS!!!!!" without having to follow it up with "They have TTTS and it is often fatal, and we don't know what is going to happen."

So. 3 years later, we have 2 little boys that are amazing and fun and gorgeous and crazy, and honestly I do have trouble disciplining them. Too often I look at them and think of how incredibly blessed and lucky we are to have them walking with us on this earth, and instead of telling them no-no and sitting them in timeout for getting into the fridge or whacking each other on the head, I just want to cuddle them up in my arms and never let go.

Jeez.

A few photos.

I think this is Jacob. (Yikes. Yes, I admit that I don't know).
















Jacob. Boden. Me. I know Boden is on the right because his kangaroo bed was on that side.















Jacob and Boden. No idea who is who in this one.

















No comments: