Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hit a snag, perhaps.

So, as I blogged yesterday, we are in the middle of adopting a puppy, more or less. We're approved with our local boxer rescue group, and there are (were) 2 pregnant mama's that had been rescued from a puppy mill. One is being fostered in Omaha, which is 2 hours from us. The other is being fostered only 25 miles from us. Obviously, the closer mama would be perfect for us to choose our puppy from. We'd be able to go and visit several times and take the time to really choose a puppy that fits our little family.

Well, I found out today that the mama being fostered close to us is either no longer pregnant, or never was. :( That's a good thing from the perspective that there are already way too many dogs out there that need homes, but that also means that our chances of getting a puppy are narrower. The mama in Omaha is having 4 or 5 puppies, and there may be more families than that waiting for their adoption. Also, it will be harder for us to go see and pick out our little fur-man.

So, I'm a little worried. I am still hopeful but I made the mistake of getting my hopes up super high, and I just need to chill out and remember that if we don't get one of Katja's puppies, there will be others and we just need to be patient.

Have I mentioned that patience is not something I get into?

No comments: