Friday, January 29, 2010

Blog? What blog?

Good grief. It's been forever.

So, Jacob and Boden were sick dudes, and Eric was gone. That's my recap. What happened last week after I last blogged is a bit of a blur. By Thursday Jacob was totally fine, but Boden was still a mess. My mom left on Thursday as Eric was supposed to be home by supper.

Boden woke up from his nap and was not acting right. His breathing was fast and he was pretty lethargic - not just like, lying around type of thing, but truly lethargic - rarely opened his eyes, that kind of thing.

By 7 pm I was freaking out. I had wanted to take him in to the clinic but the roads were shit and I'd have to take Ella and Jacob, so I didn't know what to do.

Finally Eric got home. We assessed Boden together and I loaded him up and went to the ER in Vermillion. I was concerned about dehydration and his fast breathing.

By the time I got there, he was not doing very well. He was pretty much immediately admitted and was getting oxygen, they started an IV and we did chest Xrays.

Basically, he had so much mucous in his lungs that it was preventing his blood from becoming oxygenated, and it was depriving his heart of oxygen. One night turned into the next and the next, and before we knew it, we'd been in the hospital for 5 days. He was a sick little man.

In the middle of all this, the weather was awful with ice and horrible winds/blizzards that shut down most of our state. Eric's grandma Tillie passed away Saturday morning and Boden and I were unable to go and be with his family as Boden was still in the hospital. Our family was separated and it was very hard on all of us.

Boden finally was able to keep his oxygen levels high enough to be discharged on Tuesday. We went home and were able to spend a few hours together as a family before Eric took Ella and Jacob to his hometown for the next day and a half for his grandma's visitation and funeral. It was so hard on all of us for Boden and I to have to stay behind, but he was needing more recuperation, and he was my priority.

He is finally back to his old self, eating, drinking and playing like crazy. We have to be cautious for the rest of the winter as the next few times he gets anything, even a cold, he will likely have some issues with breathing, so we have to be very careful. Other than that, we are SO happy to be together again as a family!!!

I have some exciting CT news for tomorrow ... a new shoppe is opening up and I am super pumped to be on the CT for a totally amazing new designer ... this girl has been scrapping kickass pages for awhile and I can't wait for her unveiling tomorrow!

No comments: