Thursday, August 12, 2010

Resume Time.

Ugh. I need to write a resume. Yes people, it's that time. It's time for this mama to go back to work.

Do I want to? No.

Do I feel employable? No.

Am I scared shitless? That would be a YES.

But, one salary isn't cutting it anymore with this family of 5. School shopping this year is limited. Have only been able to get one pair of shorts and 2 shirts and sneakers for Ella for school clothes (plus all her supplies). And, so far nothing for the boys. This has to stop.

So. That means I need to get a job.

You know what the problem is? I am not motivated to start a big important career. I just don't have it in me. Eric isn't impressed with that attitude and I think he is going to be disappointed with the job options in our small town.

It's tough stuff, people. Staying home for 3.5 years has made me realize that I don't really care about having a career. And I feel like this time at home has really killed my employment options. So, job hunting is going to be gruesome and stressful.

But hopefully at the end I will find something that I don't hate, something that helps buy groceries. And hopefully I can manage a household and cooking and cleaning and laundry and 3 kids, while working full-time. And NOT become an alcoholic in the meantime.

No comments: