Tuesday, September 21, 2010

It's like I don't even know myself.

I did something pretty crazy a few weekends ago.

Hold onto your seats. Your hair. Your thong.

I ran, and completed, a 5k.

Say WHAAAAAT?

I know. Me too. I still can't believe I did it. If it weren't for the photos, number, and chip (which I'm keeping on my shoe, to remind me) I wouldn't believe it myself.

I ran it with my sister. It was the Miracle 5k - benefiting the Children's Miracle Network. When Jacob & Boden were just tiny tots in the NICU for 6 & 7 weeks, respectively, the CMN helped us a ton. Not only did the help pay for a large amount of the lifesaving, top-of-the-line equipment in the NICU, but they gave us support and meal tickets. The meal tickets were such a help for us - I was there every single day for 7 weeks, and the cost of eating every day would have been insane. The meals were just one less thing to worry about, and it allowed us to focus more on the boys.

I ran in honor of the boys. I had originally designed a logo for a shirt for my sis and I to wear, but time and money
ran out. Then my stepdad and mom surprised us with matching shirts bearing the design I'd made. :) Talk about super fly.

It was an incredible experience. My sis flew by me but it was all good. She's done 3 5k's and is a crazy person, so I was happy for her and when I could see her turning corners in front of me, I knew I was that much closer to the end.

I did have to slow to a fast walk a few times, and I'm ok with that. I surpassed my goal of 13 minute miles (made 12:04 minute miles) and that was a really great bonus.

I'm just so proud. This is something I never, ever thought I would be able to say I'd done. Now I want to do more. There's one at the end of October I want to do for sure, maybe 2 more in October. Not sure yet. But, you can be sure this was not my last!

Me and My sis.













Me.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so so proud of you Tali! You are so amazing and such an inspiration! xoxo! -Crystal